DSpace-CRIS consists of a data model describing objects of interest to Research and Development and a set of tools to manage the data. Standard DSpace is used to deal with publications and data sets, whereas DSpace-CRIS involves other CRIS entities: Researcher Pages, Projects, Organization Units and Second Level Dynamic Objects (single entities specialized by a profile, such as Journal, Prize, Event etc; because any profile can define its own set of properties and nested objects)
Izanne Human (maiden name: Van Tonder) - started her career as Environmental Health Practitioner (EHP) in 1996 at Matjhabeng Municipality. She has worked 8.5 years as an EHP, after which she was appointed in the Department of Water Affairs and Forestry in 2004 as Assistant Director: Water Services and then Acting Deputy Director: Water Services (Bellville Office). After completing a Masters degree in Environmental Management in 2002, she completed her Doctorate in Environmental Health in 2004 and in January 2006 she was appointed lecturer Environmental Health in the Department of Environmental & Occupational studies at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology. She was promoted to senior lecturer in 2008 and Associate Professor in 2012 and was appointed Head of Programme Environmental Health in 2013, 2014 and 2017. She actively supervises post-graduate students, conducts peer reviews for different accredited journals, attends national/international conferences and collaborates with other Universities, nationally and in Africa, where she is involved in external examination, auditing and moderation. In 2017 she was the recipient of the prestigious Presidential Award from the South African Institute for Environmental Health.
Publications and other research outputs:
Published accredited international journal articles:
2. Lues, J.F.R. and Van Tonder, I. 2007. The occurrence of indicator bacteria on hands and aprons of food handlers in the delicatessen sections of a retail group: Food Control, (18), 326-332.
3. Van Tonder, I., Lues, J.F.R., Theron, M.M. 2007. The personal and general hygiene practices of food handlers in the delicatessen sections of retail outlets in South Africa: Journal of Environmental Health, 70(4), 33-38.
4. Doughari, J.H., Ndakidemi, P.A., Human, I.S. and Bennade, S. 2009. Shiga toxins (Verocytotoxins): African Journal of Microbiology Research, 3(11), 681-693.
5. Doughari, J.H., Human, I.S., Bennade, S and Ndakidemi, P.A. 2009. Phytochemicals as chemotherapeutic agents and antioxidants: Possible solution to the control of antibiotic-resistant verocytotoxin producing bacteria: Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, 3(11), 839-848.
6. Doughari, J.H., Ndakidemi, P., Human, I.S. and Bennade, S. 2011. The ecology, biology and pathogenesis of Acinetobacter spp.: An overview: Microbes and Environments, 26(2), 101-112.
7. Doughari, J.H., Ndakidemi, P., Human, I.S. and Bennade, S. 2011. Curtisia dentata: Ethnophamacological application: Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, 5(9), 1606-1612.
8. Doughari, J.H., Ndakidemi, P., Human, I.S. and Bennade, S. 2011. Virulence factors and antibiotic susceptibility among verotoxic non O157:H7 Escherichia coli isolates obtained from water and wastewater samples in Cape Town, South Africa: African Journal of Biotechnology, 10(64), 14160-14168.
9. Doughari, J.H., Ndakidemi, P., Human, I.S. and Bennade, S. 2012. Virulence, resistance genes and transformation amongst environmental isolates of Escherichia coli and Acinetobacter spp.: Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 22(1), 25-33.
10. Doughari, J.H., Ndakidemi, P., Human, I.S. and Bennade, S. 2012. Multidrug resistance, verotoxin production and efficacy of crude stem bark extracts of Curtisia dentata among Escherichia coli (non-O157) and Acinetobacter spp. isolates obtained from water and wastewater samples: African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacololgy, 6(23), 1653-1667.
11. Doughari, J.H., Ndakidemi, P., Human, I.S. and Bennade, S. 2012. Antioxidant, antimicrobial and antiverotoxic potentials of extracts of Curtisia dentata: Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 141, 1041-1050.
12. Doughari, J.H., Ndakidemi, P., Human, I.S. and Bennade, S. 2012. Effect of oxidative and temperature stress on viability and toxin production of environmental isolates of Escherichia coli: African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 6(16), 1264-1275.
13. Doughari, J.H., Ndakidemi, P., Human, I.S. and Bennade, S. 2012. Effect of oxidative stress on viability and virulence of environmental Acinetobacter haemolyticus: Scientific Research and Essays, 7(4), 504-510.
14. Human, I.S. and Lues, J.F.R. 2012. Assessing relationships between microbiota and food handler practices in delicatessen sections: an interdisciplinary approach: Journal of Food Safety, 32, 122-128.
15. Lambrechts, A.A., Human, I.S., Doughari, J.H. and Lues, J.F.R. 2014. Efficacy of low-pressure foam cleaning compared to conventional cleaning methods in the removal of bacteria from surfaces associated with convenience food. African Health Sciences, 14(3), 578-585.
16. Lambrechts, A.A., Human, I.S., Doughari, J.H. and Lues, J.F.R. 2014 Bacterial contamination of the hands of food handlers as indicator of hand washing efficacy in some convenient food industries. Pakistan Journal of Medical Science, 30(4), 755-758.
17. Submitted: British Food Journal: Lambrechts, A.A., Human, I.S., Ikpeme, C., Bekker, J.L. and Schutte, D. 2017: Food hygiene knowledge and practices of food handlers in the convenience food industry in South Africa.
Non-accredited journal articles published:
1.Doughari, J.H., Ndakidemi, P.A., Human, I.S. and Bennade, S. 2010. Verocytotoxic diarrhogenic bacteria and food and water contamination in developing countries: a challenge to the scientific and health community: Reviews in Infection, 1(4), 202-210.
Collection's Items (Sorted by Submit Date in Descending order): 1 to 11 of 11